IPad Acceptable Use Policies and Guidelines
The focus of the iPad program for Northpoint Bible College is to provide tools and resources to the 21st Century Learner. Excellence in education requires that technology is seamlessly integrated throughout the educational program. Increasing access to technology is essential for that future, and one of the learning tools of the twenty-first century is Apple's iPad.
The technology Acceptable Use Policies and Guidelines of Northpoint Bible College and the signed Faculty Network/Internet Use Agreement apply to the iPad. All Faculty must adhere to technology Acceptable Use Policies and Guidelines found on our support website.
iPads are issued to faculty, but remain property of Northpoint Bible College. The faculty member is responsibility for care and good judgment when using iPads.
Northpoint Bible College is pleased to integrate iPad technology and the vast range of applications available to our school. All faculty are required to adhere to the following technology Acceptable Use Policies and Guidelines that are specific to the iPad.
- The iPad is assigned to the faculty member for the duration of his/her employment by Northpoint Bible College or until it is removed from inventory. The iPad must be surrendered to Northpoint Bible College in appropriate working condition immediately upon termination of employment or at the request of the Technology Director or designee.
- Applications or "apps" can be installed using a non-Northpoint issued Apple ID, but will not affect the performance or the working order of a Northpoint issued
- Northpoint issued iPads are managed by software on the device that gives the Information Technology the ability to install/uninstall software, collect general statistics (free space on the device, list of applications, network configuration information) and secure the device in the case of it being list or stolen (Information about how this is achieved can be found here:
- The iPad is an instructional device. Selected applications that are installed on any Northpoint iPad must align with our educational purpose.
- The iPad may be taken off-premises by the Faculty member.
- The iPad is sensitive to moisture and extreme heat. It must not be left in a car or location where it will be damaged and must be kept dry and away from sources of water such as sinks, bathtubs and pools.
- Every effort will be made to prolong the condition of the iPad. For example, to extend the battery life of the iPad, do not constantly charge it. It is best to let the battery drain before recharging.
- Apple ID accounts for any iPad are not managed by Northpoint Bible College. The technology Acceptable Use Policies and Guidelines outline the College's Limitation of Liability related to personal financial, data, and etc. loss. This limitation is extended to include any applications or iTunes related products and services.
- IPads may be selected at random for inspection to confirm compliance to all Northpoint Bible College Acceptable Use Policies and Guidelines.
- Any physical damage, intentional or not, to the iPad will be reported to the Technology Director or designee immediately.
- The faculty member listed below understands that if she/he is found to be the cause of deliberate damage or loss of the iPad she/he will be responsible for repair/replacement cost not to exceed an amount of $850.00.
Faculty User Agreement:
I hereby agree to comply with the statements and expectations outlined in this document and to honor all relevant laws and restrictions.
Serial number and model number of the iPad I am now responsible for and in possession of:
Faculty/Staff Signature ______________________________________________ Date: ________________________________________
Faculty/Staff member name:
Please Sign and Date and scan a copy and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop off a signed and dated paper copy to the Information Technology Office located in Academy 105.