1. Click the Explorer Icon pictured below located in the bottom left corner of your desktop
2. This will bring up the menu shown below
type \\zbc-fs01\serverfolders\public into the search bar as pictured above, this should bring up all the public folders on the network.
3. Locate the folder you wish to change the permissions of and right click it as shown below.
Once you've right clicked it as seen above, select the option "properties", it will be the last option listed.
4. Once you've selected properties, it should bring up this menu
Click the big "Edit" button
5. Once you've clicked "Edit", a second menu will then pop up as shown here
Now you can choose to either remove or add people from the list of those who have permission to access the folder. To Add, click "Add...", understandably located next to the "Remove" button.
6. When you click "Add..." a third window will pop up seen here
Click inside the the big white box that says "Enter the object names to select (examples):" right above it. Type in the name of the person you wish to give permission to, then click "OK" right below it
7. After you hit "OK" the window should then disappear, leaving the menu you see below
The person you put in will now be listed among those who have permission to access the folder.
8. Click the "Apply" button located in the bottom right hand corner of the menu, then click "OK".
As always, if anything before, during, or after this process goes wrong or if there is something you are still confused about, please feel free to get in touch with the IT department and they would be more than happy to help.