Setting Permissions for a File or Folder
To set the permissions for a file or folder:
- Use Windows Explorer to locate the file or folder for which you want to edit the permissions.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- To add a new access control setting to the folder, click Add.
- Select the users, computers, or groups that this access control setting is applied to, click Add, and then click OK.
- To remove an access control setting, click Remove.
- To edit the permissions for any group, select the user or group, and then use the corresponding check boxes in the Permissions pane.
- Click OK to accept the settings, click Cancel to cancel any changes you have made, or click Apply to apply the changes without closing the file or folder properties.